RE: [opml-dev] Re: OPML+RDF/XTM?

  • Danny Ayers
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 9 11:11 AM
      >That's great if your goal is merely to annotate an outline. But in
      >OPML you can't readily create an outline of XTM topics or RDF
      >statements. In other words, though you can annotate an outline, you
      >can't make an outline of annotations and topics.

      I've not spent enough time with TMs to know there, but you certainly can't
      go from arbitrary RDF -> outline directly because of the graph -> tree
      issue.

      I think perhaps talking in terms of annotations may be misleading in this
      context, annotations are usually intended to be human-readable and have
      usually just a single purpose, but RDF is definitely intended for machine
      consumption and usually XTM is too, and both have a vast number of potential
      uses.

      BTW, does an outline really have to be a tree anyway? Wouldn't an outliner
      that supported graphs be a lot more versatile (a la MindMaps). You could
      always use it for OPML-style outlines (as a special case, a flag maybe). But
      would it still be called an outline, or a mindmap ;-)

      Cheers,
      Danny.