FW: OPML+RDF/XTM?

  • Danny Ayers
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2002
      Any responses to the comments below?

      ---
      Danny Ayers
      <stuff> http://www.isacat.net </stuff>

      -----Original Message-----
      From: www-rdf-interest-request@...
      [mailto:www-rdf-interest-request@...]On Behalf Of Thomas B. Passin
      Sent: 01 April 2002 01:50
      To: RDF-Interest
      Subject: Re: OPML+RDF/XTM?

      OPML, with its authoring tool, is really good for whipping up lists, but it
      doesn't help you with the two things that make authoring topic maps (or rdf
      graphs) by hand hard:

      1) Handling many-to-many relationships, and
      2) Keeping track of what you have already defined, linking them together
      properly, and avoiding duplication.

      There are a number of shortcut ways to construct maps or graphs already that
      do not touch 1) or 2), both for topic maps and for rdf, and I imagine many
      people on the list have rolled their own at one time or another, too. I
      don't see OPML as helping out much in these areas, so although I was looking
      at it for a while last year, I haven't pursued it.

      Cheers,

      Tom P