ANN: Text::Outline, an Outline Renderer

  • Simon Kittle
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 12, 2001
      Hi Everyone,

      Just a quick note to mention that I've added the capability to render
      OPML documents as HTML using the same <rules> system that Manila uses
      to my Text::Outline perl module.

      Previously all it could do was convert between outline formats. Now it
      can render too. It so far supports almost all <rule>'s that Manila
      supports. The missing one being the one to make numbered lists.

      As an example, on this page: http://simon.kittle.info/todo you can see a
      basic TODO List I keep as an outline document rendered with Manila.

      And the same OPML file, this time rendered using the Text::Outline
      module: http://www.tswoam.co.uk/todo.html

      for info on the module:
      http://simon.kittle.info/text_outline

      for info on the command line renderer util that uses the module:
      http://simon.kittle.info/outline_conv

      I hope it all works OK, if anything breaks, or you have any questions,
      feel free to email...

      Simon

      --
      Simon Kittle - simon@... - http://simon.kittle.info