Re: Generating DHTML pulldown menus with OPML

  • Sjoerd Visscher
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 16 7:10 AM
      > It also adds support for loading menus or submenus from an external
      > OPML document through a 'src' tag that uses a different namespace
      > than OPML (does OPML have a namespace?). Granted, you should extend
      > the standard DTD to be properly validated, but I hope no one will
      be
      > too offended by the addition of this tag.

      Isn't that the same as using type="link" and url="something.opml"
      That's how http://www.userland.com/discuss/reader$71.opml does it.
      (from http://www.userland.com/directory/71)

      Sjoerd Visscher
      w3future.com
    • Robert Harder
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 17 7:31 AM
        I figured that even a remotely-loaded outline might have it's heading be a link.

        What got me thinking about that was the idea that, say, on a company website you might have the menu name be a link to a certain department while the menu's contents were remotely loaded from that department's menu set.

        I guess either way would work.

        -Robert

        PGP
        Fingerprint: EE80 E109 E258 071C C8F4  4E0C 9E9A D6EE 6BE6 FF71
        My key dated 11/19/97 on certserver.pgp.com.

        > It also adds support for loading menus or submenus from an external
        > OPML document through a 'src' tag that uses a different namespace
        > than OPML (does OPML have a namespace?). Granted, you should extend
        > the standard DTD to be properly validated, but I hope no one will
        be
        > too offended by the addition of this tag.

        Isn't that the same as using type="link" and url="something.opml"
        That's how http://www.userland.com/discuss/reader$71.opml does it.
        (from http://www.userland.com/directory/71)

        Sjoerd Visscher
        w3future.com
      • stan_krute
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 29, 2001
          Hi Robert

          > Though it's a very early version, feel free to check it out:
          >
          > http://www.crosswinds.net/~rharder/opmlmenus

          This link is dead. Is there a new location for
          OPMLMenus ??

          thanks

          stan