OPML *is* different, and list charter (was Re: [opml-dev] text syntax)

  • Dave Winer
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16, 2003
      Imho, after many years of working on outliners, my belief is that the text is just one attribute, and often not the most important one. OPML is not like every XML format. Another way it's different is that the format isn't the juice, the applications are.

      I wrote about this yesterday.

      http://scriptingnews.userland.com/2003/04/15#noWaitForTools

      ***OPML-Dev list charter

      BTW, I just sent an email to a poster who posts off-topic stuff here, a reminder that according to the charter this is a list for discussing applications of OPML, not the format itself.

      That was a conscious decision when the list was started almost three years ago, mail lists are uniquely bad places to design formats, and I wanted to be clear at the start that was not the purpose of this list. People haven't been respecting that, but now I want to clear the space for apps, so if your post isn't about apps, please find another place to express yourself. Thanks.

      Dave