Re: [opml-dev] Re: Comments

  • Austin Marshall
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 8, 2003
      I suppose. It makes more sense when you put it that way. From what I
      understand, the type attribute is open-ended, nowhere in the spec does
      it say what a valid type is, nor does it say what additional additional
      attributes are aloud, or their valid values. So, while isComment is
      explicitly defined in the spec, isComment==true would always indicate a
      comment, where type==comment would depend on the client to interpret it
      as such.

      On Tuesday, April 8, 2003, at 06:50 AM, Dave Seidel wrote:

      > I don't agree.  If an item has isComment="true", that doesn't mean
      > that the item is itself a comment.  It means that the item has the
      > comment *attribute*, denoting that it is treated as a comment in the
      > document.  This way, any item, regardless of type, can be commented
      > out.
      >
      > --- In opml-dev@yahoogroups.com, Austin Marshall <amars@p...> wrote:
      > > Should not comments use the attribute type="comment" instead of
      > > isComment="true"? to be more consistent with the type="link" way of
      > > doing things?

      <image.tiff>