OPML advocacy

  • webjavapro <burning2c@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2003
      Howdy-

      I've been volunteering in the free software project Chandler (by the
      Open Source Apps Foundation), and several of the volunteers have
      recommended that an OUTLINE be one of the basic item types of this
      new interPersonal Information Manager (iPIM). Also, several of us
      have recommended that a XML language be used for describing the forms
      (representations of items) instead of just API calls; e.g. XUL.

      OPML could be the language describing an outline. If OPML advocates
      wish to see OPML used more widely, I recommend that you join the
      Mozilla, OpenOffice.org, and Chandler project to WRITE CODE (and
      clear documentation) to make it easy to use OPML in those software
      platforms.

      -Monty