latest otwincfg

  • Chuck Bland
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 6, 2007
      I just downloaded the latest OTWINCFG because I wanted to look at the
      Opentracker (no plus) config I have in my computer.

      I clicked on offline then selected my config file.

      The program bombed immediately and WIN XP wanted to send an error
      report. I didn't.

      This happened more than once.

      The config file is in www.blandranch.net/Files/NA6BR.cfg

      Case matters on the URL.

      Does this program read the config files from the first OpenTrackers?

      Chuck
      NA6BR
    • P. Suryono Adisoemarta
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 6, 2007
        The config files have different format.
        Old config files (saved with a prior version otwincfg)
        can't be opened with a new otwincfg.

        So, use the latest otwincfg, read off your
        OpenTracker, then save it to a file, so in the future
        you can read it without getting the OT plugged in.

        73 de N5SNN

        --- Chuck Bland <BackForty@...> wrote:

        > I just downloaded the latest OTWINCFG because I
        > wanted to look at the
        > Opentracker (no plus) config I have in my computer.
        >
        > I clicked on offline then selected my config file.
        >
        > The program bombed immediately and WIN XP wanted to
        > send an error
        > report. I didn't.
        >
        > This happened more than once.
        >
        > The config file is in
        > www.blandranch.net/Files/NA6BR.cfg
        >
        > Case matters on the URL.
        >
        > Does this program read the config files from the
        > first OpenTrackers?
        >
        > Chuck
        > NA6BR
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/
      • k9jk
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 7, 2007
          Chuck,

          Yes, Scott noted that this 'new' version of otwincfg (Built
          7/22/2007) is NOT compatible with config files saved from older
          versions when he announced it in:

          and I suggested that it needed a "more graceful" exit IF someone
          tried loading an OLD config file (as I had tried) in an exchange he
          and I had in messages 4694 to 4698.

          You CAN connect to your OT with an OLD version of otwincfg, load the
          older config file and write it to the OT (this step NOT needed IF
          the desired config IS already IN the OT). THEN use the NEW version
          of otwincfg to connect to your OT and Save the config to a file from
          the NEW version of otwincfg. That's what I did to 'convert' the
          small number of config files that I had created and saved in the
          older version so they WOULD be compatible with the NEW otwincfg (and
          it's "Offline" access/edit capability).

          UN-fortunately, if your OT is 'installed' somewhere and not easily
          connected to a PC, THAT is a different 'opportunity'.

          A "pain" unfortunately but it's GREAT to now have the ability, going
          forward anyway, to use otwincfg withOUT having to connect an OT unit
          to it. (Thanks again to Scott for this capability.)

          73, JK

          --- In opentracker@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Bland" <BackForty@...>