Invitation to Latin American Open Source Health Informatics Meeting (IMeCA)

  • Joaquín Blaya
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2010
      Hi,
      I hope this isn't seen as spam, but I wanted to send the invitation for this
      years Open Source Health Informatics meeting for Latin America and the
      Caribbean (IMeCA 2010). The details are below and I�m attaching longer
      announcements both in English and Spanish for any that might be interested.

      Warm regards,

      Joaquin Blaya

      The second annual IMeCA (Open Source Health Informatics) conference �IMeCA
      2010 � Mobile Technologies for Health (mHealth)� will be November 29 �
      December 3 in the Hotel Granada in Granada, Nicaragua.

      *Registration*:
      Register here:
      http://www.informaticamedica-lac.org/2da-reunion-imeca-2010---nicaragua/inscripcion-registration

      *Fellowships*:
      There are still fellowships available to help with the cost of flights and
      hotel for the meeting and workshop. In the registration form indicate if you
      need a fellowship. We will prioritize participants that have submitted
      posters of their current work with mobile technologies.

      *Posters*:
      We encourage you to submit a poster sharing your experience (s) in the
      design, development, implementation or evaluation of health informatics.
      Fill out the poster part of the registration form if you are interested.

      Themes of interest in IMeCA 2010 include maternal and chile health,
      immunizations, surveillance and systems for alerts of infectious diseases.
      We recommend that the posters be 60 x 90 cms. The abstracts will be
      published in the final report of IMeCA 2010 and shared on the community�s
      webpage.

      *Questions*
      If you have any questions feel free to email
      - Heather Zornetzer (hzornetzer@...) of the Sustainable Sciences
      Institute
      - Joaqu�n Blaya (jblaya@...) and Ver�nica Rojas (
      vrojas@...) of eHealth Systems � Chile

      *The IMeCA 2010 meeting and workshops and a Landscape Analysis of the state
      of eHealth in the LAC Region are being financed in large part by IDRC
      (International Development and Research Centre).