Healthcare track at OSCON

  • fred trotter
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 7, 2010
      http://www.oscon.com/oscon2010/public/cfp/108

      This -might- be even more important than the conference that I am
      putting on... which not enough of you have signed up for...

      http://www.oshealthcon.com

      -FT

      --
      Fred Trotter
      http://www.fredtrotter.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 8, 2010
        Just to echo Fred's post - this is the first time OSCON, which has been
        going for over 10 years, has had an industry-specific track. Recently I
        and others have been encouraging them in this direction, as the number of
        quality open source health IT projects is reaching a critical mass and
        some really good stories are waiting to be told. My ulterior motive is to
        get the geeks to stop building chat clients and farming games on Facebook
        and start applying their thinking and coding skills to healthcare, where
        we could use them. The paucity of open source at HIMSS was kinda shocking
        - we gotta change that, and getting other geeks at OSCON to get into
        health IT would be a big step. Who's in?

        Brian

        On Thu, 8 Apr 2010, fred trotter wrote:
        > http://www.oscon.com/oscon2010/public/cfp/108
        >
        > This -might- be even more important than the conference that I am
        > putting on... which not enough of you have signed up for...
        >
        > http://www.oshealthcon.com
        >
        > -FT

      • fred trotter
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 9, 2010
          I have already put in two proposals...

          I hope that everyone will put in something.

          Take a look at the youtube videos of former OSCON tracks. This is an
          in depth crowd, and they want the cool tech...

          There are alot of projects doing amazing things that I and other
          "insiders" like Brian know about.

          This is your chance to get some attention...

          -FT

          On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 4:56 AM, Brian Behlendorf <brian@...> wrote:

          > Just to echo Fred's post - this is the first time OSCON, which has been
          > going for over 10 years, has had an industry-specific track.  Recently I
          > and others have been encouraging them in this direction, as the number of
          > quality open source health IT projects is reaching a critical mass and
          > some really good stories are waiting to be told.  My ulterior motive is to
          > get the geeks to stop building chat clients and farming games on Facebook
          > and start applying their thinking and coding skills to healthcare, where
          > we could use them.  The paucity of open source at HIMSS was kinda shocking
          > - we gotta change that, and getting other geeks at OSCON to get into
          > health IT would be a big step.  Who's in?
          >
          >        Brian
          >
          > On Thu, 8 Apr 2010, fred trotter wrote:
          >> http://www.oscon.com/oscon2010/public/cfp/108
          >>
          >> This -might- be even more important than the conference that I am
          >> putting on... which not enough of you have signed up for...
          >>
          >> http://www.oshealthcon.com
          >>
          >> -FT

          Fred Trotter
          http://www.fredtrotter.com
        • Tony McCormick
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 9, 2010
            Medical Information Integration and Dr Sam Bowen have applied to do a
            joint presentation or two on OpenEMR. MI2 is in Portland and I've
            been attended this event personally for a long time. It is an
            excellent gathering.

            Tony McCormick
            www.mi-squared.com
            503-564-4670