Open source health IT public utiliity act

  • Joseph Dal Molin
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2009
      Sorry if you have seen this already... It will be a turning point in the
      history of health IT if the US Congress passes this legislation. What it
      basically does is establish a mechanism for deploying VistA across the
      US healthcare system's safety net providers who are in effect funded by
      Medicare/Medicaid. This is very similar to what we were trying to do in
      the VistA Office EHR project....unfortunately the proprietary vendor
      lobby was able to turn off the funding part way through the program.:

      http://download.opensourcevista.net/downloads/Health_IT_Public_Utility_Act_FINAL042309.pdf

      Joseph
      President, e-cology corporation
      VP, WorldVistA