Re: [openhealth] FOIAVistA SemiVivA 20060615 available

  • K.S. Bhaskar
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 3 10:49 AM
      I am absolutely serious - critiques, comments and questions regarding my
      work are *always* welcome.

      My goal with the FOIA VistA SemiVivA, VivitA and VivA releases is simply
      to repackage an existing VistA confguration, and not to create a new
      configuration. I would be as successful creating a new VistA
      configuration as I would be climbing a mountain, since I lack either
      skill. Give me a VistA configuration, however, and I can package it so
      that it is easy to install and run.

      In any case, FOIA VistA is like a blank slate - it is unconfigured
      VistA. While configuring it may not be straightforward, many others
      have done so successfully following instructions on the Internet, and
      with assistance from members of the hardhats list. But there is not a
      single document that does it all.

      VistA is configured by running VistA. If you get to a GTM> prompt
      following the instructions in the firefox window that comes up on boot
      up, and are able to execute commands like "Do ^XUP" to get into VistA
      Fileman then my packaging is a success,

      Under the theory that it is better to light a candle than to curse the
      darkness, if you think that a healthcare information system that
      includes a realtime electronic health record might be useful to primary
      care practices in Sri Lanka (or whatever area your personal expertise is
      in), perhaps you could organize and lead a team to create and document
      an appropriate VistA configuration?

      Regards
      -- Bhaskar