Re: Procedural 3D Alphabet

  • Sam McGrath
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 30, 2004
      I believe I googled "freetype opengl", already having prior knowledge
      about the freetype library (we used it to render fonts in Savage).

      Sam McGrath
      www.offsetsoftware.com

      Author: Sam McGrath
      INET: offset@...

      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 1, 2004
        There was a link to the GLTT lib from that OGLFT page I sent you.
        http://gltt.sourceforge.net/. Looks like the two libs are pretty
        similar in functionality.

        Sam McGrath
        www.offsetsoftware.com

        Author: Sam McGrath
        INET: offset@...

        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 1, 2004
          p.s. Google is your friend. (-:

          Author: Sam McGrath
          INET: offset@...

          Fat City Hosting, San Diego, California -- http://www.fatcity.com
        • Donny Viszneki
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 1, 2004
            Yeah I did eventually see that, but I didn't note it
            via email, sorry.

            I've also been looking at GLGooey (which is how you
            might pronounce GL GUI if you didn't know any better.)
            It actually contains a modified FTGL which is a
            similar font FreeType rendering library for OpenGL
            (available under LGPL from opengl.org.) I've been
            trying to find out what's different, though admittedly
            I'm investing most of my development time into other
            tasks.

            Perhaps someone here already knows?

            Author: Donny Viszneki
            INET: smxrk@...