Sunday's

  • Terry Valencheck
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 17, 2005
      It Looks like I will not be at Open Door this Sunday…
      I just want to Add to John's last message that I am also happy to see the participation
      during our meetings on Sunday…
      I am torn though, between spending Sundays with my family, and being creative with you
      guys… I would like for us to consider limiting production to any other day than Sunday…
      I know that we will want to tape some Sunday events, but I see it isn't necessary video tape
      any staged shoots, Interviews and skits, on a Sunday…
      I am Available during the week from the wee early hours to about 1:30pm.

      Let me know what you think…
      Have a good Week, Hope to see you soon

      Terry
    • BJ Woodworth
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 17, 2005

        Below are the worship themes and main scriptures for October and November.  Be creative, go crazy and film away.  Integrate film in anyway you see fit.  Artistic, mediations, people’s stories, an entire sermon, something for communion or something that leads us in prayer or something I can not even think of…  A bunch of us get together on Tuesday nights 7-9 at the Quiet Storm www.quietstormcoffee.com, and dig into the scripture and think creatively about how we can shape the worship gathering so feel free to stop by that and dialogue with others about we can use all of our senses, gifts and passions to lead others in worship.

        10/02/05

        I am the Light

        John 8:12-20

        10/09/05

        I am the Bread (communion)

        John 6:25-59

        10/16/05

        I am the Gate

        John 10:1-10

        10/23/05

        I am the Good Shepherd

        John 10:11-21

        10/30/05

        I am the Way

        John 14:1-4

        11/06/05

        I am the Truth

        John 14:1-4

        11/13/05

        I am the Life (communion)

        John 11:17-27

        11/20/05

        I am the Vine

        John 15:1-17

        ______________________________

        bj woodworth

        the open door

        creating passageways to God, one another and the world

        www.pghopendoor.org

        www.bjwoodworth.blogspot.com

        412.215.6398

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 17, 2005
          Great!
          Thanks for the Info...

          TErry

          --- BJ Woodworth <bj@...> wrote:

          > Below are the worship themes and main scriptures for
          > October and November.
          > Be creative, go crazy and film away. Integrate film
          > in anyway you see fit.
          > Artistic, mediations, people's stories, an entire
          > sermon, something for
          > communion or something that leads us in prayer or
          > something I can not even
          > think of. A bunch of us get together on Tuesday
          > nights 7-9 at the Quiet
          > Storm www.quietstormcoffee.com
          > <http://www.quietstormcoffee.com/> , and dig
          > into the scripture and think creatively about how we
          > can shape the worship
          > gathering so feel free to stop by that and dialogue
          > with others about we can
          > use all of our senses, gifts and passions to lead
          > others in worship.
          >

          > 10/02/05
          >
          > I am the Light
          >
          > John 8:12-20
          >

          > 10/09/05
          >
          > I am the Bread (communion)
          >
          > John 6:25-59
          >

          > 10/16/05
          >
          > I am the Gate
          >
          > John 10:1-10
          >

          > 10/23/05
          >
          > I am the Good Shepherd
          >
          > John 10:11-21
          >

          > 10/30/05
          >
          > I am the Way
          >
          > John 14:1-4
          >

          > 11/06/05
          >
          > I am the Truth
          >
          > John 14:1-4
          >

          > 11/13/05
          >
          > I am the Life (communion)
          >
          > John 11:17-27
          >

          > 11/20/05
          >
          > I am the Vine
          >
          > John 15:1-17
          >

          > ______________________________
          >
          > bj woodworth
          >
          > the open door
          >
          > creating passageways to God, one another and the
          > world
          >
          > <http://www.pghopendoor.org> www.pghopendoor.org
          >
          > www.bjwoodworth.blogspot.com
          >
          > 412.215.6398
          >

          > _____

        • triciachicka
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 17, 2005
            Hey all~

            I'm not sure when would be a better time for me to get together as I'm
            still jobless. When I get my work placement I'll have a better idea
            of when I'll be available. But I guess an evening would be
            best...Wednesday is a no go and I think Tuesday might not be good either.

            I also won't be at Open Door tomorrow. I have work at Whole Foods.
            So keep me updated on what's going on and hope everyone has a good week.

            ~Tricia

            --- In open_door_dv@yahoogroups.com, "Terry Valencheck"
            <terrylchristy@v...> wrote:
            > It Looks like I will not be at Open Door this Sunday…
            > I just want to Add to John's last message that I am also happy to
            see the participation
            > during our meetings on Sunday…
            > I am torn though, between spending Sundays with my family, and being
            creative with you
            > guys… I would like for us to consider limiting production to any
            other day than Sunday…
            > I know that we will want to tape some Sunday events, but I see it
            isn't necessary video tape
            > any staged shoots, Interviews and skits, on a Sunday…
            > I am Available during the week from the wee early hours to about 1:30pm.
            >
            > Let me know what you think…
            > Have a good Week, Hope to see you soon
            >
            > Terry
          • Ross Donaldson
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 3, 2005

              Is anyone able to go to any of these trialogue meetings to think about posswible film stuff?

              Ross

              (To be read in a Scottish dialect)

              "Because I'm a melancholy Celt.  These things are inherently goofy and they cheer you up. . . . . . . . . . . . Besides, they're fun."

              - Dr. Andrew Purves on why he wears a bow tie

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 3, 2005

                I was just thinking of film piece for this week, I know it is short notice but it would be cool to do a mock interview/filming of someone making bread.  You could just go to someplace in the strip and ask them if you could film them making bread.

                The other idea is a contrast of fast food and the hunger/starvation in the world that would be viewed and then have a liturgy to go with it.  Smaple of the liturgy:

                We are what we eat, we confess our sin,

                This is our temple, where we have our feasts.

                We are ready to enjoy a happy meal,

                but not to eat a meal of sadness for injustice.

                Hungry God – Have mercy upon us

                Thoughts, availability…

                The following week is about Jesus being the good shepherd and I will focus on the VOICE of the shepherd and knowing the voice so there is potential for imagery in it with other voices calling for our attention!

                ______________________________

                bj woodworth

                the open door

                creating passageways to God, one another and the world

                www.pghopendoor.org

                www.bjwoodworth.blogspot.com

                412.215.6398

                Our constant endeavor, day and night, is not just to transmit the tradition faithfully, but also to put it in a form we think will prove best.

                - John Calvin

                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 3, 2005
                  Ross...And Crew

                  We have tossed a few Ideas around that were more
                  staged type productions. Mostly we are focused on
                  documenting the move to the Union Project.

                  Any Ideas for a staged shoot (film type) would more
                  likely be considered if the Idea was written down and
                  then submitted to the group to see how much energy
                  people would give to the concept... You can do this in
                  this Yahoo Group
                  This would go for any project we would conceder...

                  I find the main reason for failure in the video
                  production field is that nothing was written down and
                  or lost of communication...

                  So in conclusion... Any prewriten scripts or burning
                  desiers to get something on paper... would be a great
                  asset for us.

                  TErry

                  ---------------------------------

                  From: "BJ Woodworth" <bj@...>
                  To: <open_door_dv@yahoogroups.com>
                  Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 10:25:07 -0400
                  (64.202.165.199) with ESMTP; 17 Sep 2005 14:25:08
                  -0000

                  .shape{;}p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal,
                  div.MsoNormal{margin:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:12.0pt;font-family:'Times
                  New Roman';}tt{font-family:'Courier
                  New';}span.EmailStyle18{font-family:'Californian
                  FB';color:blue;font-weight:normal;font-style:normal;text-decoration:none
                  none;}@page Section1{size:8.5in 11.0in;margin:1.0in
                  1.25in 1.0in
                  1.25in;}div.Section1{page:Section1;}ol{margin-bottom:0in;}ul{margin-bottom:0in;}

                  Terms of Service.

                  ---------------------------------

                  Terms of Service.

                  ---------------------------------
                • Tricia Chicka
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 3, 2005
                    Hey all~

                    Just wanted to let you know...I'm reconsidering my
                    involvement with Open Door. Though you are around the
                    block from me...I am committed to Hot Metal Faith
                    Community. They are now trying to start a video
                    ministry there, with which I would like to help out.
                    So I'm not sure how involved I will be with Open Door.

                    I would like to continue brainstorming ideas to
                    film...maybe even get some footage if you need it. We
                    actually bake bread pretty regularly at my house, so I
                    can try to get some footage if you need it. Let me
                    know what I can do, and please pray for me as I
                    discern where I need to be.

                    ~Tricia

                    wrote:

> [...]
                    >
                    > John 6:25-59
                    >
                    > 10/16/05
                    >
                    > I am the Gate
                    >
                    > John 10:1-10
                    >
                    > 10/23/05
                    >
                    > I am the Good Shepherd
                    >
                    > John 10:11-21
                    >
                    > 10/30/05
                    >
                    > I am the Way
                    >
                    > John 14:1-4
                    >
                    > 11/06/05
                    >
                    > I am the Truth
                    >
                    > John 14:1-4
                    >
                    > 11/13/05
                    >
                    > I am the Life (communion)
                    >
                    > John 11:17-27
                    >
                    > 11/20/05
                    >
                    > I am the Vine
                    >
                    > John 15:1-17

                    > bj woodworth
                    >
                    > the open door
                    >
                    > creating passageways to God, one another and the

                    === message truncated ===

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • Tricia Chicka