52RE: [open_door_dv] Sunday's

  • BJ Woodworth
    Oct 3, 2005

      I was just thinking of film piece for this week, I know it is short notice but it would be cool to do a mock interview/filming of someone making bread.  You could just go to someplace in the strip and ask them if you could film them making bread.

      The other idea is a contrast of fast food and the hunger/starvation in the world that would be viewed and then have a liturgy to go with it.  Smaple of the liturgy:

      We are what we eat, we confess our sin,

      This is our temple, where we have our feasts.

      We are ready to enjoy a happy meal,

      but not to eat a meal of sadness for injustice.

      Hungry God – Have mercy upon us

      Thoughts, availability…

      The following week is about Jesus being the good shepherd and I will focus on the VOICE of the shepherd and knowing the voice so there is potential for imagery in it with other voices calling for our attention!

      ______________________________

      bj woodworth

      the open door

      creating passageways to God, one another and the world

      www.pghopendoor.org

      www.bjwoodworth.blogspot.com

      412.215.6398

      Our constant endeavor, day and night, is not just to transmit the tradition faithfully, but also to put it in a form we think will prove best.

      - John Calvin

      From: "BJ Woodworth" <bj@...>
      To: < open_door_dv@yahoogroups.com >
      Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 10:25:07 -0400

      Below are the worship themes and main scriptures for October and November.  Be creative, go crazy and film away.  Integrate film in anyway you see fit.  Artistic, mediations, people’s stories, an entire sermon, something for communion or something that leads us in prayer or something I can not even think of…  A bunch of us get together on Tuesday nights 7-9 at the Quiet Storm www.quietstormcoffee.com, and dig into the scripture and think creatively about how we can shape the worship gathering so feel free to stop by that and dialogue with others about we can use all of our senses, gifts and passions to lead others in worship.

      10/02/05

      I am the Light

      John 8:12-20

      10/09/05