RE: [oodleapi] Re: Please help with getting the oodle inventory into our database

  • calen saress
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 15, 2010

      Thanks very much Steve,

      Would you agree it is a problem to get the updates every day or perhaps more than once a day to keep it accurate? What do you suggest is the answer then since we need to let people search for things in our database?

      Best wishes, Calen.
      Calen Saress
      102 15168 19th Ave.
      South Surrey, BC V4A 0A5
      604-535-2075
      saressc@...

      To: oodleapi@yahoogroups.com
      From: sbaker@...
      Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 19:12:53 +0000
      Subject: [oodleapi] Re: Please help with getting the oodle inventory into our database

      Hi Calen,

      Don't know of anyone who will do that, but this is the precisely the place to ask others.

      In any case, I would recommend *against* putting Oodle listings into a database. Our listings aren't permanent. That is, classified listings are *not* like pictures on Flickr or like a product database on Amazon.

      Those items, once established, tend to stick around for awhile. They don't go anywhere for months or years.

      Classifieds listings are very different. They come and go, they have prices or descriptions or pictures or titles that get updated. A static database full of Oodle listings only takes moments to be obsolete.

      Please read this:
      http://developer.oodle.com/api-download-scripts

      -Steve

      --- In oodleapi@yahoogroups.com, calen saress <saressc@...> wrote:

      > Hi Steve,
      >
      > Do you know of anyone who will sell a copy of their program that will import the oodle database into a MYSQL database? If so if they want not too much money for it.
      >
      > Thanks, Calen.
      >
      > Calen Saress
      > 102 15168 19th Ave.
      > South Surrey, BC V4A 0A5
      > 604-535-2075
      > saressc@...
      >

      > To: oodleapi@yahoogroups.com
      > From: oodleapi-owner@yahoogroups.com
      > Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 00:21:52 +0000
      > Subject: [oodleapi] Re: Please help with getting the oodle inventory into our database

      > Calen,
      >

      > It sounds like you are just starting and need some very basic help about how to call the Oodle API web service.
      >

      > The Oodle API is a simple REST-style web service -- you make a request to a URL, you get data back. If you need basic help with how to call a REST web service, Google is going to be the best help for you there.
      >

      > Providing support for how to call a web service is outside of the scope of this group. This group is really here to help answer specific questions about Oodle API parameters that you're confused about or Oodle API documentation that might not be clear.
      >

      > Do you have more *specific* questions about those things? If so, you can ask the questions here.
      >

      > -Steve Baker
      >
      > Sr. Software Engr, Oodle
      >
      > @oodleapi
      >

      > --- In oodleapi@yahoogroups.com, "calensaress" <saressc@> wrote:
      >

      > > Can someone help me please, it is
      >
      > > Calen again and no one has replied
      >
      > > to me yet? Many thanks if someone
      >
      > > can support my dilemma.
      >

      > > --- In oodleapi@yahoogroups.com, "calensaress" <saressc@> wrote:
      >

      > > > We have just joined today and if
      >
      > > > someone could help please with
      >
      > > > getting me what our developers
      >
      > > > need to have all of this great
      >
      > > > oodle inventory go into our
      >
      > > > database that would be so helpful.
      >
      > > > Thanks, Calen.

      > Turn down-time into play-time with Messenger games
      > http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9734385

      Your Photo on Bing.ca: You Could WIN on Canada Day! Submit a Photo Now!