Tari needs a J-O-B

  • Tari Akpodiete
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2009
      Greetings Everyone:

      Jobs get posted here, so I thought I'd let you all know that I'm
      looking for work.

      I'm an experienced Community Moderator and Community Manager. I
      describe myself as Community Evangelist & Social Media Enthusiast.
      Like a lot of people doing this, I started as a volunteer, and I've
      been doing it for 15+ years, possibly longer. I started getting paid
      to do it about 7 years ago. I've been involved with forums, wikis,
      live chat, etc.

      I was laid off from a terrific gig in the UK where I was not only the
      Community Manager, but also the Chief Blogger. I'm an experienced
      journalist and web developer and actually suggested, birthed and
      nursed their blog to life. It was especially fun because they make
      animation software, and I'm a multi-award-winning filmmaker. After 18
      months, they decided that they didn't need the position of Community
      Manager (GO FIGURE!) and would have one of the co-founders handle my
      duties in addition to his own. There was no problem with my work, in
      fact, that was highly praised several times in writing. The decision
      was purely an economic one. Their former CEO - they decided they
      didn't need him either - is one of my references.

      I live in Canada, and worked remotely, but was I really looking
      forward to the start of my 'translantic commute' (happening more often
      than people realize. I was born in UK, and can work in the EU. I've
      also worked for remotely several companies in the States.

      I have been keeping my eye on the various boards and lists, but if you
      hear of anything, or have an opportunity for me, I'd be delighted to
      hear from you.

      Thank you!

      email: TariAkpodiete@...

      Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TariAkpodiete
      LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/tariakpodiete

      mobile: 416.738.1111, skype: TariAkpodiete
      mail: Suite 57, 1172 Bay Street, Toronto, ON M5S 2B4