ONLA Committee Minutes & Board Responses

  • ONLA ONLA
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 22, 2011

      Hello Next Generation Committee!

      Thanks so much for participating in the recent Next Generation committee meeting!  Attached is a copy of your committee meeting minutes and recommendations, notated with the ONLA board responses to action/discussion items.  Please let your chairperson, board oversight or an ONLA staffer know if you have any questions!   We look forward to additional conversations with you as your committee works to complete action items as a result of your meeting!

      Thanks again for your dedication… have a profitable spring!

      Sincerely,

      ONLA staff team

    • Emily Showalter
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 22, 2011

        Also wanted to let the group know that the ONLA Staff is going to be working with our committee to re-develop ONLA’s Facebook page within the next few months.  It didn’t state that specifically in our notes, but it was addressed at the Board of Directors meeting and the Board approved our idea to move forward with the ONLA Facebook page.  Good work!  We’ll be in touch.

        Emily

        Office: (440) 934-4435 x2230

        Fax: (440) 934-4738

        emilys@...

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 26, 2011

          Good Morning Next Generation Committee,

          I have been asked by many of you for better communication from the board after the committee meetings.  I am personally responding as a result of those requests.

          You have received and had a chance to review your committee minutes and the board responses to your recommendations.  Please remember that you have this list serve for you to continue to discuss and work on committee recommendations throughout the year.

          Most committees have recommended that specific information be posted on the ONLA website.  Unfortunately it is just not possible to fulfill all of the recommendations.  Our website is very large with more than 450 pages, so with very few exceptions, the requested information is already there.  The staff is working to make the website more user friendly.

          The other common recommendation was to reduce the emails that come from the ONLA office.  The ONLA promotes itself, education and events, including CENTS through email.  It is the most effective and least expensive way to reach the entire membership, CENTS exhibitors and attendees.  It would be very time consuming and expensive, not to mention that our staff does not have the time, to manage the lists daily as requested.  We would have to hire additional staff or outsource this task, which is not a good use of ONLA funds.  We ask that you please understand that this is a necessity for our association and to just delete the emails which you do not wish to read.

          Many committees have requested ONLA to generate and maintain a Facebook page.  I know it is Spring and everyone is busy, but please do not let this drop.  Know that the board greatly appreciates your enthusiasm.

          Thanks for your participation on an ONLA committee,

          Jay Daley

          ONLA President

          Jay Daley

          Sunleaf Nursery, LLP

          5900 North Ridge Road

          Madison, OH   44057

          Phone: 440-428-4108

          Fax: 440-428-5580

          www.sunleaf.com

          Thanks so much for participating in the recent Next Generation committee meeting!  Attached is a copy of your committee meeting minutes and recommendations, notated with the ONLA board responses to action/discussion items.  Please let your chairperson, board oversight or an ONLA staffer know if you have any questions!   We look forward to additional conversations with you as your committee works to complete action items as a result of your meeting!

          Thanks again for your dedication… have a profitable spring!

          Sincerely,

          ONLA staff team

          size=1 width="100%" noshade color="#aca899" align=center>

          No virus found in this message.