Next Gen Committee Update

  • Emily Showalter
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2011

      Hello Next Gen Committee!

      I have some good news.  The ONLA Board of Directors has suggested that the Next Generation Ad-Hoc Committee should become a permanent ONLA committee!  The Association members now will vote on the permanent addition of our committee in December.

      Since we are likely going to become permanent (I am being optimistic that the members’ vote will be in our favor), I wanted to get your thoughts on the name of our committee…. “Next Generation.” Is this what we want to be called?  Is there a better name that may represent our mission more accurately? Our current Mission Statement is “To communicate efficiently and effectively with Generations X & Y.”

      Jen Gray at the ONLA office did some research for us a few weeks ago, see attached. This may help get your mind going!

      Here are a few I came up with.  And if we think “Next Generation” fits the best, we can keep it for now and always vote to change in the future.

      Green Industry Young Professionals Committee

      Young Professional Leaders Committee

      Young Leaders Connection Committee

      Young Leaders Network Committee

      Young Professionals Network Committee

      Next Generation Partnership Committee

      Please let me know your ideas by Tuesday November 8th.  Once I hear back from everyone, we’ll decide if there needs to be a motion made to change the name.

      One more thing… if anyone has any suggestions of young professionals in the industry who they would like to recommend be on our committee, please let me know.

      Thanks!!

      Emily Showalter

      Willoway Nurseries, Inc.

      4534 Center Rd, PO Box 299