Re: Sad day

  • haffdaddy
    Message 1 of 12 , May 2 1:57 PM
      Tubby 11

      Well the on going problems of a small boat are hanging in thin air. As you my know this is my 2nd Tubby build (to much moving during the build, doomed the first one.) and now it's future is?

      The lad who the boat was built can't take her for the lack of room. And also can't finish her. I had hope that by doing just a few simple things, he would learn about his new boat.

      Where the boat was going to be kept as also hit a bump in the road. As there is now no room for the boat where the lad lives.

      So now the boat is on my friend's balcony, but it appears that the city has a problem with that also.

      It seems that I have about a week to trash out my Tortoise and maybe Tubby? A rental yard is out the question due to a lack of funds.

      What as happen to America? We use to be the home of the free and the brave. One nation under God with liberty and justice for all.

      Very sad day

      Greg
      OTSO 500lbs
    • mike velasco
      Message 2 of 12 , May 2 2:22 PM
        We have become the land of the Politically Correct and Inoffensive.  If One in Ten Thousand is offended by the other nine thousand, nine hundred and ninety-nine's innocent actions, all the offenders must change their ways so as not further offend the one. This is also done Preemptively just in case. The bigger the community the more likely to happen; Sad but True.

        To: onesheetwonders@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 12 , May 2 3:19 PM
          Mike: Sorry but true, this area is not what it was 20 years ago.
          Seems that my last name may also be a problem as the city inspector did check on it before knocking on the door.

          May need to chance it to a more middle eastern sounding name. I understand Bin Laden is not being used now!

          Greg
          OTSO 500lbs

          To: onesheetwonders@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 12 , May 2 3:58 PM
            no, might as well tell it straight..
            welcome to the land of the fee, home of the slave.
            the more you look, that IS what it is.

            To: onesheetwonders@yahoogroups.com
            From: haffdaddy@...
            Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 20:57:06 +0000

          • Dreamzpainter@aol.com
            Message 5 of 12 , May 2 4:10 PM
              Unfortunately I also have a relationship with the city zoning officer but then I push the envelope on what can be considered "ART" old bowling balls lining the garden, deceased weedeaters buried head down with the motors and shafts painted vibrant colors, yes even wooded sculptures celebrating aquatic movement, once even a dirt bike bursting from the ground and covered in vines. But I am an artist with sales and the zoning board can not define "art" or "artistic statement" to fit one of their itty bitty boxes. I once got sited for a car with a flat tire, I hauled in 5 wrecks, painted and arranged them in artistic fashion and called it "destruction" . The inspector agreed to dismiss the citation if I removed my latest "creation"
            • Greg Haff
              Message 6 of 12 , May 2 5:26 PM
                Seems city has a very tall wall between single family houses and condo / town houses and apt. Condo's / town houses and apts can only have a car in there parking space. You anything there even a babies high chair and they write you up. Well depending on your last name that is. Stop caring after cop threaten to harm my family, just don't care anymore. My heart is cold.

                :
                "Dreamzpainter@..." <Dreamzpainter@...>
                Message 7 of 12 , May 2 5:45 PM
                  I was thinking about Craigs list but as the Tortoise is not complete and being home built, maybe asking for problems if a joint fails or ?

                  Really wish I was some place other then here. Maybe like those guys in the orange sheets walking around with a bowl of rice. Of course I never see them is a boat, and I do love building small boats. Not much for rice and orange is not my color.

                  But so far not one of the orange sheet fellows have been killed in the crosswalk of this town.

                  To: onesheetwonders@yahoogroups.com

                  Message 8 of 12 , May 2 6:42 PM
                    Use my Pen Name  "Velasco".   There was in Augas Calientes, Mexico, during the Nineteenth Century a World renound Artist who Taught at the University of Mexico City. If you like Tacos, you too can be Hispanic.      Mike was a Bud in Viet Nam, you can find him on the Wall. He would be Pissed too.

                    To: onesheetwonders@yahoogroups.com

                    To: onesheetwonders@yahoogroups.com

                    Message 9 of 12 , May 2 9:35 PM

                      Sent from my iPhone

                      To: onesheetwonders@yahoogroups.com

                      To: onesheetwonders@yahoogroups.com

                      Message 10 of 12 , May 2 9:42 PM
                        Velasco: Dutch Jew, but also a taco man
                        at heart. Sometime I'll tell you about seeing
                        2 angles at the San Fernado Mission. So
                        very nice to know you are loved.

                        Very dark road after the angle visit, far to
                        dark for a boat group.

                        Peace and Blessing brother

                        Greg

                        To: onesheetwonders@yahoogroups.com

                        To: onesheetwonders@yahoogroups.com

                        Message 11 of 12 , May 3 5:32 PM
                          Hey Greg, sounds like you having some troubles with space and storage again, pack up the model shop and move to the back waters some swamp area with cheap rent, and go a gator hunting in a U.F.O buddy.

                          Phil.
                          --- In onesheetwonders@yahoogroups.com, Greg Haff <haffdaddy@...> wrote:

                          > Velasco: Dutch Jew, but also a taco man
                          > at heart. Sometime I'll tell you about seeing
                          > 2 angles at the San Fernado Mission. So
                          > very nice to know you are loved.
                          >
                          > Very dark road after the angle visit, far to
                          > dark for a boat group.
                          >
                          > Peace and Blessing brother
                          >
                          > Greg
                          >
                          > Sent from my iPhone
                          >
                          > On May 2, 2011, at 6:42 PM, mike velasco <mpv270@...> wrote:
                          >
                          > > Use my Pen Name "Velasco". There was in Augas Calientes, Mexico, during the Nineteenth Century a World renound Artist who Taught at the University of Mexico City. If you like Tacos, you too can be Hispanic. Mike was a Bud in Viet Nam, you can find him on the Wall. He would be Pissed too.
                          > >
                          > > To: onesheetwonders@yahoogroups.com
                          > > From: haffdaddy@...
                          > > Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 15:19:05 -0700
                          > > Subject: Re: [onesheetwonders] Re: Sad day
                          > >

                          > > Mike: Sorry but true, this area is not what it was 20 years ago.
                          > > Seems that my last name may also be a problem as the city inspector did check on it before knocking on the door.
                          > >
                          > > May need to chance it to a more middle eastern sounding name. I understand Bin Laden is not being used now!
                          > >
                          > > Greg
                          > > OTSO 500lbs

                        • Greg Haff
                          Message 12 of 12 , May 3 6:48 PM
                            Phil: All the water within 50 miles is either private lake or man
                            made with reclaimed water.
                            Local marinas (sea) keep average joe out.
                            Ssltin sea and Lake Paris or open but with gas at $4.27 gal
                            who can go. Lake Silverwood, Lake Gregory ( named after me
                            By my fater) and Big Bear lake. One is private, one pulic but has
                            no water and the othef is just for fishing.
                            No gators in Calif or they would have found there way into taco's
                            the roach choaches sell.
                            Not bad food is to drunk

                            Greg

                            Sent from my iPhone