Re: sailboat pick

  • c_bennish
    Message 1 of 30 , Jun 1, 2010
      Well I came here first in 1977 while in the navy. Several years ago I came here to work again, but this time I decided to stay. I have a beautiful family and wonderful inlaws. Im not leaving if I can help it. These people have good values for the most part.

      Its almost rainy season now so the weather should get cooler soon.

      --- In onesheetwonders@yahoogroups.com, Greg Haff <haffdaddy@...> wrote:

      > Clyed: How in the world did you end up there?
      >

      > ________________________________

    • c_bennish
      Message 2 of 30 , Jun 1, 2010
        Greg,

        You're right, not everyone gets to retire. Sounds like you are trying to make the most of a bad situation. I dont plan on ending up in an old peoples home either; my mother use to work at one and those places; they scare the bajebes out of me. When the time comes its Halaluja to Phil Bolger day. He's the famous boat designer who didnt accept the long term care and decided at 81 that a 22 cent bullet would save everyone concerned a lot of trouble. You remind me of Marion Robert Morrison who played in the movie THE SHOOTIST. MRM, better known as John Wayne, went down in a blaze of glory after being diagnosed with cancer....Good luck Greg!

        clyde

      • Greg Haff
        Message 3 of 30 , Jun 1, 2010
          Good,  glad your happy. Not happy times
          In the states now.
          My brother in law ( who thinks work means calling my wife
          for money) has been a drain and a road block to happiness
          For my wife and me.
          Do hope you fine the right boat and biuld it. I would think that
          there would be a lot of small boat.  If you can send a few pictues
          Of your area and where you are in relation to Cebu City.
          Later
          Greg

          Sent from my iPhone

          Message 4 of 30 , Jun 1, 2010
            John wayne seen to have had to cut short a few movies.
            What was that movie were he was a navy captain and the ship's
            Doc foung something wrong with his ticker and he was put
            Into a posemans chair and sent to a ship heading home?
            Then there was he messed up his back. And his buddy Lee
            Marvingoy him to move that toe. The searchers also had a
            old loney beat up Wayne wNking off intothe darkness. Or The
            Man Wh Shot Liberty Valance..Loved that line it whT was it
            True Grit " that's stuff talk from a one eyed fat man"
            Back to boat building. Putting tubby away for awhile and going
            To build the one sheet pleasure barge. Just long cuts and
            2X2's for chine logs. 1X2 for the rest of framing. Got to get one
            east boat built (one for the Gripper)
            Later
            Grega

            Sent from my iPhone

            Recent Activity:

          • Greg Haff
            Message 5 of 30 , Jun 1, 2010
              Rather go out in a blaze of glory like  Hugh Hefner

              Message 6 of 30 , Jun 2, 2010
                I tried to skirt the money issues by marrying into a family that had their own money, and my wife is self made so she is protective of our resources as well. Im the good guy of the family because when they ask for money I always say yes, but then my vote gets overridden by my wife who says no. I take the glory and she gets their temporary wrath, and we both get to keep our money.

                If your wife cant see the damage her brother is causing you might have a quiet talk with him in the boatwood shed...take a big stick.

                If she is on his side then what happened to you happens to a lot of guys....she got Americanized.....good luck. My wife doesnt want to live in the USA...thank god.

                Message 7 of 30 , Jun 2, 2010
                  Morning: Somehow we never had money for a Bass boat or
                  even a nice car. But she got here a Pedcab business. Things
                  Were OK for awhile until some sold all the cabs and walked
                  away with the money. Same thing append with the
                  Internet Cafe.
                  But the wife just says to not let worry me, we didn't need that
                  cabin or world cruise anyway.
                  Anyway time for Wowowee
                  Later
                  Gref

                  Sent from my iPhone

                  Message 8 of 30 , Jun 3, 2010
                    I watched Wowowee for 5 minutes today when I took the laundry to the cleaners. Television and gangster rap is gonna destroy these people. You underestimated what close family ties will do to a relationship. I dont know how you met your wife or what she did before she met you, but dont feel alone. Many of these girls here use their beauty to gain access to fiscal opportunity.

                    Increases in advertising dollars spent are going to destroy what little is left of their culture. Its been a nation of occupation for the last 500 years. Just because they gained their independance in 1946 doesnt mean they became free. I feel freer here then when I lived in the US, but they will never have real freedom, just like in America.

                    --- In onesheetwonders@yahoogroups.com, Greg Haff <haffdaddy@...> wrote:

                    > Morning: Somehow we never had money for a Bass boat or
                    > even a nice car. But she got here a Pedcab business. Things
                    > Were OK for awhile until some sold all the cabs and walked
                    > away with the money. Same thing append with the
                    > Internet Cafe.
                    > But the wife just says to not let worry me, we didn't need that
                    > cabin or world cruise anyway.
                    > Anyway time for Wowowee
                    > Later
                    > Gref

                  • Greg Haff
                    Message 9 of 30 , Jun 6, 2010
                      My bank offered me a service that came with a high fee. A few times I have used this service and paid all fees.
                      Today I open a letter from my bank saying that I have used the service that they offered me (which came with a high fee), to many times.
                      So now I can't use the service for 6 months.
                      Greg

                      Sent from my iPhone