Bojak weight capacity

  • Andrew
    Message 1 of 4 , May 5, 2013
      Does anybody know what weight capacity the bojak has? I am 245 pounds and 6'4". Could it handle me?
    • Jack
      Message 2 of 4 , May 5, 2013
        Hi Andrew, I'm the designer of the Bojak I'm 6'2" and was at the time of building and using the boat 245 pounds, they took my size no problem.
        It's all in the balance of where you put the back rest support and weight transfer position in the boat, keep low push legs forward spread weight as evenly as you can - the boat was stable and had good freeboard. There are different versions of the boat which help give a little more to the bigger guys, you can find max weight and variations at my web site http://www.ariawoodboats.yolasite.com/ and here there is plans for the different viriations. Are you planning to build one?

        Cheers Phil.

        Message 3 of 4 , May 5, 2013
          At sometime in the next year or so, yes. I think I want to try and do a mouseboat first, but I'm definately interested in the bojak.

          Message 4 of 4 , May 6, 2013
            Ok, the Bojak is easy to build only has 3 parts, its a good first time boat to build before moving onto larger projects. Good luck Phil.