Re: Chalupa

  • Jack
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 24, 2013
      Hi Robert, Do you have any more photos of Chalupa like side top bottom
      profile to give us more of an idea?

      Phil.

      --- In onesheetwonders@yahoogroups.com, Robert C Bradley wrote:

      > I built Chalupa with no plans, just an idea. I built two frames first,
      15 degrees of rise on either side of the keel, sides straight up & down.
      Side height 8", depth of hull at keel is 12" measured from the gunwales.
      The sides and bottom are straight for the middle 4 feet and then taper
      up at the ends. The sides are 2" at the transoms, the transoms are 18"
      wide, IIRC. Hull is 30" beam. The deck is flat. I still haven't finished
      it yet, ran out of time and still need to buy another sheet of ply for
      the deck.

      > Robert C Bradley

    • Robert C Bradley
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 25, 2013
        I don't have any other pictures, but would like to add that the sides are longer than the bottom. If I had it to do over, I'd build a frame and attach the ply second.

        Robert C Bradley
      • Ian Titulaer
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 25, 2013
          Looking at the photos the chalupa looks very similar to Gav Atkin's Mouse.
          http://www.duckworksbbs.com/plans/gavin/

          The mouse has a one sheet hull but has a half sheet to add safety air boxes on the ends.

          --- In onesheetwonders@yahoogroups.com, Robert C Bradley <robertc_bradley@...> wrote:

          > I don't have any other pictures, but would like to add that the sides are longer than the bottom. If I had it to do over, I'd build a frame and attach the ply second.
          >
          > Robert C Bradley

        • Robert C Bradley
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 26, 2013
            The Chalupa was inspired by the Mouse, but i believe it displaces more water.

            Robert C Bradley
          • lucaoli.1952
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 1, 2013

              Hi Robert   visit the page of the Austrian Flo-Mo, and you'll see some good photos of the Baby Boat an oss and canoe...very nice...