Re: New design idea question

  • nutty_boats
    Message 1 of 24 , Jan 30, 2013
      The amount of curvature is why I have not tried a design like this before. When I make my designs, I have used 1/8 inch ply, which can bend as tight as one foot radius, but make a minimum radius curve at 15 to 18 inches. It is much easier.

      In these small sizes, I have found that 1/8 inch ply is plenty strong and fiberglass is unnecessary (unless you bang your boat against rocks) with the advantage that a finished boat weighs about 20 pounds.

      T. Lee.