Re: Chalupa - one sheet boat

  • Jack
    Message 1 of 25 , Oct 2, 2012
      Good chunky gunwales, this will stiffen and bring the craft to a true fair curve.
      Looks great, its comn along. You will be thinking sealer paint, any idea what colour? or are you going to varnish?

      Phil.

      --- In onesheetwonders@yahoogroups.com, "robertc_bradley" <robertc_bradley@...> wrote:

      > I started putting on the gunwales today, worked on the rudder hinge and mast step, and worked on the mast that Chalupa will share with my 8' dinghy.
      >
      > RCB
      >
      > --- In onesheetwonders@yahoogroups.com, "robertc_bradley" <robertc_bradley@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Did a little more today. Made supports for the deck and glued them in place. Also got them notched for the support stringers for the side decks. Sent new pics to be posted. Still thinking of a sail rig. I like the idea of a shower curtain cut into a Bermuda sail rig. Then the question becomes fixed bildge-board or removable lee-board. I'm leaning toward the bildge board. If I'm only drawing 4" or so in the first place, another 6" wouldn't really be a problem I'm thinking.
      > >
      > > RCB

    • robertc_bradley
      Message 2 of 25 , Oct 3, 2012
        I've got a can of yellow exterior latex house paint I'm going to use. I put the mast step in place yesterday, need my deck ply now. Still not completely sure how i want to handle the keel.

        RCB