Hi all - update on whats what

  • jbrotorua
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 4, 2009
      Hi All, anyone building anything? If so post some photos, or if your going boating snap some of your adventures with the boat.
      Here is the data collected from my last boat mission when I took my one sheeters out for displacement testing.

      Free Board left after my (100 kg and 6 foot 2 inch) frame got inside the boats.

      Bojak - 6 inch
      Norsk - 8 inch
      Shamrock - 7 inch
      Tubby - 9 inch

      Some interesting results with Tubby coming in the best for free board.

      Cheers Phillip
    • jbrotorua
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 22, 2009
        Anyone building? please post some photos if so. I have almost finished another Bojak but this time the sailor version. Photos soon to be posted.

        Cheers Phil.
      • jbrotorua
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 25, 2009
          Boyak sailor version, photos posted, downwind sail hand held boom, use the paddle to guide direction. I put them in the One Sheet Wonder folder.

          Hows everyone else going? anyone building?
        • Thomas de Meijer
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 27, 2009
            You are a master in one sheet boat building! Such nice boats. The sail
            looks a bit small to me. Especially when you say you're a big guy.
            I'm currently fixing up a fibreglass dinghy (never again!), making a rig
            for my windsurfer and for my kayak. In my shed it's a mission to reach the
            other end so no more projects right this moment.

            On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 05:28:49 +0800, jbrotorua <cyrptsofalzaria@...>
            wrote:

            > Anyone building? please post some photos if so. I have almost finished
            > another Bojak but this time the sailor version. Photos soon to be posted.
            >
            > Cheers Phil.

            http://www.tdem.co.nz
          • jbrotorua
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 27, 2009
              --- In onesheetwonders@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas de Meijer" <tdemeijer@...> wrote:

              Hey Thomas, Thanks the one sheet thing is well you know what they say, a fine line between genius and madman.

              The sail yeah that's what I thought maybe to small, the idea was from a book on lapstrake canoes, where the same sail was for a 11 ft canoe. The weight in the water drastically reduces so even though im on the heavy side downwind I can get a fast walk pace. We have had some good gusty wind here over the last few days and have been experimenting downwind with good results.

              Fiberglass forget about it, horrible stuff, been there done that same as you never again good luck with that. The rig sounds fun good luck with that, and bring on summer.

              Cheers Phil.

              > You are a master in one sheet boat building! Such nice boats. The sail
              > looks a bit small to me. Especially when you say you're a big guy.
              > I'm currently fixing up a fibreglass dinghy (never again!), making a rig
              > for my windsurfer and for my kayak. In my shed it's a mission to reach the
              > other end so no more projects right this moment.
              >
              > On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 05:28:49 +0800, jbrotorua <cyrptsofalzaria@...>
              > wrote:
              >

              > > Anyone building? please post some photos if so. I have almost finished
              > > another Bojak but this time the sailor version. Photos soon to be posted.
              > >
              > > Cheers Phil.

              > --
              > http://www.tdem.co.nz

            • Thomas de Meijer
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 28, 2009
                If you made a leeboard and a bigger sail (I like this one
                http://www.simplicityboats.com/simplicitysailrig.html ) then you would
                probably have a pretty capable sailor.
                The windsurfer rig was taken for a test sail this afternoon. I'll write
                something on my blog at http://www.tdem.co.nz/blog .

                --
                http://www.tdem.co.nz
              • jbrotorua
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 28, 2009
                  --- In onesheetwonders@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas de Meijer" <tdemeijer@...> wrote:

                  Thanks, That`s what good about having a boat forum the sharing of information brilliant thanks for the link.
                  My sailing experience is limited so this summer I have to learn more.
                  Speaking of windsurfing do you have any idea how much 2 good condition windsurfing sails would sell for? I have 2 in my garage from a friend who moved to Canada 5 years ago and he has told me he wont be returning, and to sell them. Ive never got around to getting rid off them they just collect dust, might trade me them. Good luck with the wind.

                  Cheers Phil.

                  > If you made a leeboard and a bigger sail (I like this one
                  > http://www.simplicityboats.com/simplicitysailrig.html ) then you would
                  > probably have a pretty capable sailor.
                  > The windsurfer rig was taken for a test sail this afternoon. I'll write
                  > something on my blog at http://www.tdem.co.nz/blog .
                  >
                  > On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 04:09:05 +0800, jbrotorua <cyrptsofalzaria@...>
                  > wrote:
                  >
                  > > --- In onesheetwonders@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas de Meijer"
                  > > <tdemeijer@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hey Thomas, Thanks the one sheet thing is well you know what they say, a
                  > > fine line between genius and madman.
                  > >
                  > > The sail yeah that's what I thought maybe to small, the idea was from a
                  > > book on lapstrake canoes, where the same sail was for a 11 ft canoe. The
                  > > weight in the water drastically reduces so even though im on the heavy
                  > > side downwind I can get a fast walk pace. We have had some good gusty
                  > > wind here over the last few days and have been experimenting downwind
                  > > with good results.
                  > >
                  > > Fiberglass forget about it, horrible stuff, been there done that same as
                  > > you never again good luck with that. The rig sounds fun good luck with
                  > > that, and bring on summer.
                  > >
                  > > Cheers Phil.
                  >
                  > --
                  > http://www.tdem.co.nz

                • Thomas de Meijer
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 29, 2009
                    No idea about the value. On trademe they go between 50-1000 dollars. So
                    who knows. Sailing is definately worthwile learning. The greatest
                    sport/hobby there is.

                    --
                    http://www.tdem.co.nz