1749RE: RE: Long Time Lurker, First Time Boat Builder

  • zon149ian
    Sep 17, 2013

      I am in the process of painting it. I would have liked to varnish it, but I did such a lousy job on the the screws that I wanted the paint to cover as much of my problems as possible. I posted a couple pictures of the black paint I decided to use on the bottom after I put two coats of primer and one coat of flat white paint. They must not like each other because the black didn't stick too good on the first coat.

      --- In onesheetwonders@yahoogroups.com, <onesheetwonders@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

       Gary, your One sheeter is looking good, are you going to paint it or varnish it? Phil.

      --- In onesheetwonders@yahoogroups.com, <zonian149@...> wrote:

      I am currently trying to build the "One Sheet Boat" on insturctables built by Verga. I have come to step 10 and I have a question. I have cut the chine logs and the directions say to install the widest part down, but does not state which edge goes against the side of the boat. Any help would really be appreciated. I am not sure how this is going to turn out, because I have made a few minor (I hope) errors during construction. Thanks for a great and fascinating group.--Gary In Jacksonville, FL
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic