1739Re: Long Time Lurker, First Time Boat Builder

  • GMR
    Aug 15, 2013
      I have added two photos to "Gary's One Sheet Boat by Verga". One shows my Dremel tool that has a planer attachment that cuts off 1/64" each pass and that is what I used to level the chine logs. The other picture is my way of fine tuning the leveling of the bottom of the chine logs. It worked pretty good except that it is an Armstrong sander, but I really enjoy doing things by hand anyway. I now have the bottom plywood sheet cut and next step will be to screw and glue it to the bottom. I ended up splurging money wise on 2 knot free boards for the chine logs that were 1/2" x 1/2". I will have to be a little more accurate when I screw to bottom to the chine logs.

      --- In onesheetwonders@yahoogroups.com, "Jack" <ariawoodboatworks@...> wrote:

      > Hi Gary, wow thats hot nevermind trying to work in that heat, its winter here so ive got the opposite problem of paint drying times.

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic