1732Re: Long Time Lurker, First Time Boat Builder

  • Jack
    Aug 7, 2013
      Hi Gary, wow thats hot nevermind trying to work in that heat, its winter here so ive got the opposite problem of paint drying times.

      Your chines look good to go. I opt for skinny 10mm thickness by 3 inch, I attach 2 inch to the boat and have thd other inch proud to gain the extra height, to make a 10 inch side 11 inch or add another inch and get 2 inch, its easyer to bend and stiffens ths structure up good. I usually get them in the molding section of my lumber shop the non fingerjointed.keep the photos up its great to see a build here and even beter to see it get in the water. Phil.
      --- In onesheetwonders@yahoogroups.com, "GMR" <zonian149@...> wrote:

      > Phil,
      > I have uploaded a new photo with the dimensions of my chine. I assumed that the 3/4 thickness was ripped off of the 1.5" dimension on the 2x4. If this is not correct let me know. I have also added a couple pictures of my construction to date. It has been 100+ heat index here in florida, so I have not been able to do much on it.
      >
      > --- In onesheetwonders@yahoogroups.com, "Jack" <ariawoodboatworks@> wrote:
      > >

      > > Hi Gary, the chines look a bit thick what do they measure?
      > > Im assuming the angle follows the side flair of the side panel, so match it to the side flair fatest part of chine should be on the top. My chines I make allot thiner and dont bevel the angle. Hope this helps.
      > > Cheers phil.

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic