1728Re: Long Time Lurker, First Time Boat Builder

  • Jack
    Aug 3, 2013
      Hi Gary, im the moderater of this group and designer of the boat your building.

      If you want me to set up a folder here for you to post photos of your build id be happy to do so? Then we could take a look at what the problems are before you hopefully make the mistakes. I'm not sure of exactly what your problem is but at a guess without seeing a photo, maybe its the height of the chine log to gain the extra freeboard if you have a 3 inch glue and screw 2inch to the side panels most of the height of the chine leaving 1inch added height to the side from ths chine.

      Bending depends on the thickness of your chine log, some thicknesses will require hot water from a kettle or wrapped hof water cloth to bend clamp, then allow to set on boat, unclamp after a day and screw and glue once wood fibers have relaxed . Always clamp gradually and screw then clamp screw slowly ease it on.
      Hope this helps.
      Cheers phil.

      --- In onesheetwonders@yahoogroups.com, "GMR" <zonian149@...> wrote:

      > I am currently trying to build the "One Sheet Boat" on insturctables built by Verga. I have come to step 10 and I have a question. I have cut the chine logs and the directions say to install the widest part down, but does not state which edge goes against the side of the boat. Any help would really be appreciated. I am not sure how this is going to turn out, because I have made a few minor (I hope) errors during construction. Thanks for a great and fascinating group.--Gary In Jacksonville, FL

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic