RE: [oneroom] Inkwell source for your school musuems

  • Becky Harrold
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 11, 2012
      Esther...thanks for the post about the inkwells. I have been in contact with the gal who makes them and hope to order some for our school. My husband and I are involved in restoring an 1876 one room, two story, brick schoolhouse in northeastern IN. The farmers who donated the land stipulated the school had to have a second story was for grange meetings.

      Becky Harrold
      Friends of Five Points School

      To: oneroom@yahoogroups.com
      From: lcarroll@...
      Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 00:30:06 -0500
      Subject: [oneroom] Inkwell source for your school musuems

      Found Ohio couple that make custom inkwells from local clay. Beautifully glazed, have the lip that makes them usable in multiple size desk holes,and available in a selection of colors. We're so happy to find a supply as the antique glass ones with lip are almost non-existent in our area. This color was our choice based on old photos of inkwells.

      We host hundreds on students in our 1884 schoolroom and one of their favorite activities is the pen and ink writing. Contact for inkwells is

      mayclaypottery@...

      ,

      Esther Carroll

      West Virginia