Grant possibility

  • Sarah Uthoff
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 21, 2011
      This grant came through on another listserv I'm on. I think they mean conservation as in nature, but if you have a prairie or a prairie reconstruction as part of your site or if you can think of another way to tie nature in, I thought it might be worth a shot.

      National Fish and Wildlife Foundation: Nature of Learning Grant Program
      The National Fish and Wildlife Foundation's Nature of Learning Grant Program seeks to use National Wildlife Refuges as outdoor classrooms to promote a greater understanding of local conservation issues and utilize field experiences and student-led stewardship projects to connect classroom lessons to real world issues, as well as build partnership among local schools, community groups, natural resource professionals and local businesses.

      Maximum award: $5,000.

      Eligibility: schools or non-profit organizations.

      Deadline: April 1, 2011.
      For more information visit: http://www.nfwf.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Charter_Programs_List&CONTENTID=18432&TEMPLATE=/CM/ContentDisplay.cfm