Re: [oneroom] Winter close-up

  • Maureen OConnor Leach
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 23, 2010
      My experience in closing for winter has been positive

      Our school house (Mt Holly NJ;built 1759) has no heat or electricity
      The furniture books etc there year round have not suffered from lack of climate control

      Textiles and rare ephemera are NOT left in building
      We have no school groups Nov-Mar and only one program a month Nov & Dec.
      Jan-Mar the building is closed
      Of course no need to drain pipes etc as we have nothing
      but the artifacts seem fine (We own building since 1959)

      Maureen O'Connor Leach
      64 Bernice Drive
      Freehold NJ 07728
      732 462 0703

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 23, 2010
        We at Sand bank School are facing the same dilema. We plan to turn the heat down to 40 but it still takes money. Something most of us with one-roomers don't have alot of. I have paraphrased many of your information articles posted on CSAA Newsletter in my presentations about rural schooling.Hope that was OK...Have you checked out our facebook page. Sand Bank School ????