Christmas Poem Help

  • robansuefarm
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 18, 2009
      I'm re-posting this request with the thought that it sounds like something from a one-room school recitation and maybe one of you could help identify it.

      Sarah Uthoff
      http://trundlebedtales.wordpress.com

      I have a lady that works at a nursing home and a 97 year old lady has asked her to help her find a Christmas poem that her husband used to recite when they were younger. The following is the first verse and all that she can remember -

      I want a sled for Christmas, I want it painted red, My papa said I did get it, if I did everything he said

      Thanks in advance for any help.

      Lezlie Barry
      Maynard Community Library Director
      maynardlibrary@...