Book: Western Romance Found

  • Sarah Uthoff
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3 6:17 AM
      Back in August,something reminded me of a book I had read a LONG time ago. I asked andposted it everywhere in hopes somebody else could help me identify thebook. Thanks to everybody who sent a suggestion or a possible author.Finally, I got the correct answer Thanks to “Needle in a Haystack”online newsletter, although some of the other suggestions I got wereclose. It was Lost Pueblo by Zane Grey. I was wrong that itwas a dude ranch, not her father’s ranch, and we, and the heroine,Janey Endicott find out about the set up nature of the kidnap a lotearlier, but other than that it was just like I described. The hero isan archeologist named Phil Randolph I’m including the description Iposted before below so you’ll remember which one I mean. Thank you verymuch.

      Sarah S. Uthoff
      suthoff@...

      Ok, this is officially driving me nuts. I’m trying to rememberthe name of a Western I read about 10 years ago. The story was about aspoiled brat of a young woman who is kidnapped and taken out into thewilderness. Eventually we find out that her father hired the kidnapperto keep her from marrying this total idiot in a fit of rebellion. Theyend up having to stay out in the wilderness longer than originallyplanned because of a flood. She resists, but they fall in love. Shefinds out her father was behind it all and pretends she doesn’t reallylove the guy who kidnapped her, but makes him marry her “to protect herreputation.” She then hires some thugs of her own to kidnap him andthrow him on the train with her of the end, to get them back on an evenfooting. It’s a true love happy ending.