Re:inkwells

  • Fay Stone
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 25, 2009
      I have not seen any reproductions of these little ink wells.Has anyone? I remember them well. They had a little slliding lid you could open to reveal a hole to get ink when you were using a dip pen. Filling these little reservoirs was reserved for the most trusted older students!

      I had the ends of my pigtails dipped into one once. Did the boy behind me ever get it when my mother talked with his!

      As far as I know, you best bet is to watch in antique shops and even auctions. We picked up enough to put in our larger desks for older pupils that way. Good luck! Fay Stone