Re: [oneroom] Re: seeking advice...P.S. posted photos

  • Virginia Hollowell
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2008
      Some states have "grandfathered" their historical buildings so they do not have to "meet code" in all respects....of course there are items that would be safer to have and a ramp for wheel chairs can be placed in back as long as you make it assessable..... some people think they know what is best and say so when really they are not aware of what its like to save an historical building....just don't believe what everyone says till you check with folks who have traveled this road already.....look about and find out who has done this and follow their suggestions.....blessings Jenny
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 4, 2008
        i moved my school house 40 miles when i went for the building permit i told him it was a1800s school house / shed, i was told to put that on the permit to avoid all the regulations and inspections now it is a storage shed i store black boards, school desks, books, pot belly stove ect