One-Room School Organizations

  • Susan Uthoff
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2005
      In case you haven't been to the Links section of the webpage, these are
      the organizations we have links to. Are we missing any you know about?

      Sarah Uthoff

      Iowa Historic Preservation Alliance <http://www.iowapreservation.org/>
      A preservation group interested in several areas including one-room
      schools. They host a yearly workshop for one-room school museums and
      other interested people.
      http://www.iowapreservation.org/

      Michigan One-Room Schoolhouse Association
      <http://www.one-roomschools.org/index.htm>
      The Association holds an annual conference where people from all over
      Michigan come to learn how to research and restore one-room school
      buildings. Many attendees also come to trade their stories and
      reminiscences of experiences in one-room schools. In addition, the
      Association coordinates an ongoing survey and inventory of all existing
      one-room schools in Michigan. And we serve as a clearinghouse of
      communications and information for historians, historical societies, and
      other programs involved in the preservation, interpretation, and
      appreciation of one-room schoolhouses.
      http://www.one-roomschools.org/index.htm

      Society for the Preservation of Ohio One Room Schools
      <http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/8696/SPOORS.html>
      The Society for the Preservation of Ohio One Room Schools, a non-profit
      organization, was founded by Larry and Debbie Helton and recognized by
      the Ohio Historical Society in 1993. S.P.O.O.R.S. strives to inform the
      public of the historical and educational value of early schools and
      other structures. Their research and photography include one room
      schools, schools built before 1901, and schools that exhibit early
      architecture.
      http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/8696/SPOORS.html