April Fools Jokes

  • robansuefarm
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2008
      What one-room school stories do you have about April Fools Jokes? My
      great-grandfather always talked about one where they dipped onions in
      chocolate and passed them out as candy.

      Sarah S. Uthoff
    • Shirley Knakmuhs

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2008
          I don't remember a school April Fool's joke but at home someone substituted sugar in the sugar bowl and put in salt...on their freshly cooked oatmeal!! Yuk..I tasted it several times!!! Always gullible!! sak
          What one-room school stories do you have about April Fools Jokes? My
          great-grandfather always talked about one where they dipped onions in
          chocolate and passed them out as candy.

        • Leigh Ann Randak
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1, 2008
            Sarah,

            I would be interested in the responses you get. We are planning to have a section in the 1940s classroom that will talk about holidays--possibly changing throughout the year--and I hadn't thought of April Fools.

            Leigh Ann

            > What one-room school stories do you have about April Fools Jokes? My
            > great-grandfather always talked about one where they dipped onions in
            > chocolate and passed them out as candy.
            >
            > Sarah S. Uthoff

            Leigh Ann Randak
            Curator
            Johnson County Historical Society
            319-351-5738
            leighann@...
          • Guthrie County Historical Village
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 1, 2008
              Check out the Eureka Plan & Program Book for All Occasions by Mattie B.
              Shannon, 1934 - Stockton Press.

              Includes material for New Years, Valentine's Day, Easter, May and School
              Closing, Rally Day, Hallowe'en, etc. Sorry no April Fools, though. I'll
              have to check out some of my other program books.

              Kristine Jorgensen

              Museum Curator,

              Guthrie County Historical Village

              ***************************

              Website: <http://www.panora.org/museum> www.panora.org/museum

              Email: <mailto:gchv@...> gchv@...

              Phone: 641.755.2989

              Fax: 641.755.4066

              CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this communication may
              be confidential and may be legally privileged. The information contained
              herein is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. You are
              hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
              communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have
              received this communication in error, please return it to the sender
              immediately and delete the original message and any copy of it from your
              computer system. If you have any questions concerning this message, please
              contact the sender.

              _____

              > What one-room school stories do you have about April Fools Jokes? My
              > great-grandfather always talked about one where they dipped onions in
              > chocolate and passed them out as candy.
              >
              > Sarah S. Uthoff

              Leigh Ann Randak
              Curator