Re:new member - hello

  • Fay Stone
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30, 2008
      Hello new member in S.C.
      You are so lucky to have a school house full of history. Can't you almost hear the walls ringing with children's voices?
      I taught in the last one room school in the midwest till it closed in 1989, and have restored (with lots of help) a one room schoolhouse museum in St Charles, Il. (A far western suburb of Chicago)
      For you and any other who might be newer to this site, I encourage you to visit our web site www.pioneersholesschool.org It is full of pictures of our school room, the exterior, has teacher lessons, instructions for today's teachers, pupil essons, and even stories about former pupil's experieinces.
      Best of luck to you. The one room school is such an important part of our social and educational history...they should never be forgotten. Fay Stone