RE: [oneroom] Successful Schoolhouse Museums

  • Picard, Dennis
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 19, 2007
      Susan,

      I know several around here that have been moved or not and used for
      school programs and community programs. Conway MA spent several years
      first moving and then restoring one and just had the ribbon cutting a
      month or so ago, Dudley Ma moved one a few years back, the Huntington
      Historical Society uses the Norwich Bridge District school for their
      meeting place, the Spruce Corners district school in Ashfield Ma is used
      as a community clubhouse - those are just off the top of my head, I'm
      sure if I thought about it I could come up with a more.

      Dennis

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 21, 2007
          Susan,
          How wonderful of you to present these successes. I look forward to more responses from others.
          Our Sholes School has been successful and was restored and opened in 1978-80. It has served over 35,000 since, for a day in the country school. Goto pioneersholesschool.org
          for all the details, pictures and the ongoing teaching program Fay Stone, founder