Questionnaire: Sensitive Issues in Museums

  • skippen2
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2007
      Hello One Room Schoolers!

      I am not sure my conference presentation topic--coming up @ Mountain
      Plains Museum Association this fall in Fargo--will be relevant to any
      of you but, perhaps...

      A few of us from CO, ND, KS, OK are planning a session on Sensitive
      Issues in Museums in reaction to a teacher getting fired after
      leading her field trip group past nudes in an art museum. We know
      that "naked artwork" is not the only issue that audiences can find
      offense with in museums!

      We're asking those from institutions everywhere to please take a few
      minutes and fill out a table/questionnaire which I'll provide. We're
      hoping that by exploring ways that we all interpret and problem-solve
      regarding sensitive areas and even unusual visitor interactions that
      our institutions cover, all visitors can be better served and all
      museum educators can be enlightened.

      Please contact me directly if you can help with this effort!

      Thanks VERY much,

      Sheryl Kippen, Education Coordinator
      City of Greeley Museums
      sheryl.kippen@... or skippen2@...