Re: [oneroom] Re: (no subject)

  • Lucy Townsend
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10, 2007
      Kathleen,
      I am rereading your email message and thinking your 6-week program sounds awesome! We are starting a one-week summer program at our one-room school. If you have the time, I'd love for you to answer these questions:

      How do you promote the program?
      When you do you begin the promotion for summer?
      What sorts of kids typically come to the program?
      How much do you charge?
      Do you pay one teacher for the entire 6 weeks? More than one?
      If you have answered any of these questions before, forgive me for my absent mindedness.
      You may want to consider presenting at the annual CSAA Conference in New Hampshire. I'm sure you could teach a bunch of us how to put on a great summer program.
      Lucy

      >>> "skippen2" <skippen2@...> 02/23/07 4:38 PM >>>
      Kathleen,

      your schoolhouse programs sound awesome! What fun :) You get to cover
      an earlier time period in history than our schoolhouse does. We do
      the late 1800s-1950 when our school was actually a prairie
      schoolhouse. Our program's been running 20-some years.

      Now we generally run 6 weeks of classes, weekdays, 8:30am-12:30pm
      each summer. We usually have 3 different weekly themes--this year's
      are Old Time Tales (reading a chapter or so a day from a children's
      classic then doing something similiar to what characters in the
      stories do); Our Community of Colonies (looking @ the different
      groups of people who settled our area); Life on the Home front (a
      different sort of class for us, away from the pioneer timeframe and
      mindset: what life was like for kids during WWII).

      It's fun to hear what others do!

      Sheryl Kippen, City of Greeley Museums Greeley CO
      skippen2@...

      Yahoo! Groups - Join or create groups, clubs, forums & communities. Links