Re: (no subject)

  • skippen2
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 23, 2007
      Kathleen,

      your schoolhouse programs sound awesome! What fun :) You get to cover
      an earlier time period in history than our schoolhouse does. We do
      the late 1800s-1950 when our school was actually a prairie
      schoolhouse. Our program's been running 20-some years.

      Now we generally run 6 weeks of classes, weekdays, 8:30am-12:30pm
      each summer. We usually have 3 different weekly themes--this year's
      are Old Time Tales (reading a chapter or so a day from a children's
      classic then doing something similiar to what characters in the
      stories do); Our Community of Colonies (looking @ the different
      groups of people who settled our area); Life on the Home front (a
      different sort of class for us, away from the pioneer timeframe and
      mindset: what life was like for kids during WWII).

      It's fun to hear what others do!

      Sheryl Kippen, City of Greeley Museums Greeley CO
      skippen2@...