Re: Interpretation Plans

  • Fay Stone
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 22, 2006
      I am delighted with the plans for this new museum! Please see www.pioneersholesschool.org for a great site with lesson plans, interpretations, with photos and essays.   Fay Stone, founder in 1978
    • kathleensamela
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 6, 2006
        --- In oneroom@yahoogroups.com, "dellsphoto" <dbwilliams@...> wrote:

        > We are beginning the process of developing an interpretation plan for
        > Reed School (1915-1954) as a site for the Wisconsin Historical
        > Society. We are looking for written interpretation plans that have
        > been developed for other one-room schools. We would appreciate the
        > sharing of your plan! It will certainly help us! Thanks. Dale
        > Williams, Wisconsin Historical Society.

        Dear Dale,
        I would be happy to share our 1913 program. I would like to know
        little bit more about what you are looking for. Do you want to know
        about how our furniture is arranged or the type of program we do with
        school groups that come to visit us. We do have 5 different
        programs(Pre-k &K, 1&2, 3&4, 5&6 and 7&8. We currently have a grant
        that allows for the transportation of each child in a parochial school
        with one class (25-30 kids), for each grade. In the fall we have just
        completed visits from all students in the even numbered grades. We are
        critiquing each group and coming up with ideas for improvment. In the
        Spring we will do the odd numbered grades and repeat what the even
        numbered conterpart has done. For example, we just did a grade 2
        program with the 26 second graders in the school. In June we will have
        the first graders repeat what the second graders have done. The
        improvments will be included, as will some new equipment provided by the
        grant.

        If this is the type of information you are looking for I can provide
        many more details. Let me know!
      • ksamela@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 7, 2006
          Hi Dale,

          That certainly sounds exciting!  Please ask me some questions to give me the direction that you are moving towards.  What will you need to do in the school?  How large is it?  If it is to be the headquarters for a state, I would imagine that you would need to multi-purpose the space.  If so, that changes what you can do.  Will you be hosting school groups, or just be open for families to walk through as they visit a larger campus?  If you could clarify a few things I think that I could be more helpful.

          Thanks,
          Kathy