Re: Security in Country Schools

  • Carolyn Kelley
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 14, 2006
      Our only security is two security lights (dusk to dawn) and heavy wire screen coverings on the building.  We are 2 miles from town just outside the city limits.  Our local city police come down and turn around in our drive, thereby keeping an eye on the building.  Local farmers also alert me when something seems out of place or the lights no longer work.  In 18 years, we have only had one BB go through one window, and last year, someone took one of the wire screens down, but did not break in.

      Carolyn "Lynn" Kelley, Director
      Lincoln School Museum
      A historic project of the
      Martinsville Chamber of Commerce