Intro & Ending

  • bogdan hocevar
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2004
      HI Joos !!

      I have a question regarding to lead voices in Intros and Ending parts.

      I attach the style wich I make from the midi ( midi is also attached ). Midi is in F- key ( 1 flat) . If I play created style in F-Key, Intro and Ending parts play OK. But I have the music sheets for this song in C- Key ( see attachment).  In C - key lead voices ( whistle and Harmonica - channels 16 and 9 ) sounds very strange. I try to repair this with changing "High Key" from F# to B . But without any succes.

      Question : Is possible to fix that and how ??

      Sorry my bad English

      Regards

      Bogdan Hocevar

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Jos Maas
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 5, 2004
        Bogdan,

        If you select the option "chord" when pasting the midifile into a stylepart then you don't have to bother about the keys. All the notes will be forced into the notes of a Cmaj7 chord (C-E-G-B).

        If you select the melody option "melody" to retain the exact melody then the notes will stay unchanged if you specify that the mdifile is played in the key C. If you specify that the midifile is played in D then it will be transposed 2 semitones down to convert it to C. Four semitones down if you specify key E and so on.

        If you can't find out what key the midifile is played in then only use the chord option instead of the melody option.

        Jos