Hi Clarey

  • ginnie grimm
    Message 1 of 27 , Sep 1 7:06 AM
      Please do not withold too much from your son. My
      mother-in-law who is in full blown undeniable HD now
      lied to us in the beginning. She said she had the test
      and was negative.She has never had a test and is being
      tested nest month only to benefit our study-too get
      her count- Some of us had started having kids and My
      husband and I were considereing it and she did not
      want to frighten us. The sad thing is now there are 12
      at risk grandchildren that this legacy may have been
      handed down to. It was irresponsible and cowardly for
      her to do this. I now lay awake every night wondereing
      which of my wonderful boys will inhereit the monstor.
      How many lives do I have to watch whither before me??
      My boys attend seminars with me and we talk about
      daady's disease alot. We pray for his safety and to
      find a cure. We discuss having children and the risk.
      I educated them on new treatments that may benefit
      them someday. It is not easy. It is scary and we cry
      sometimes. But knowledge is the only weapon we have. I
      knew about this disease before I had kids and if I had
      not been lied to Scott and I may have adopted-don't
      read this wrong our boys are the very reason I can get
      up and face this disease each day. I could not live
      without them. They are very smart, very handsome and
      very loving. Ironic isn't it?? But the guilt of
      knowing that our love for each other may now have
      passed on a monstor to those we love is overwhelming
      at times. Talk to your boy and let him join the fight
      with you-after all it may be his fight someday.
      --- clarey7@... wrote:
      > my son just walked by and hugged me. i am blessed
      > but i am trying to withold
      > from him all of this burden at this time. he is only
      > 14. but the good news is
      > that he [the husband] can still mow the lawn. we
      > have a riding mower. and he
      > is doing that now. we have 5 acres so that is really
      > saying something!!!!!!!
      > my son is on strike saying that it is football
      > season. so the list of things
      > that need doing gets longer and longer. sigh. i
      > worked all day today and i
      > come home to... well at least the house is
      > clean!!!!!!!!!! clare

      http://finance.yahoo.com
    • ginnie grimm
      Message 2 of 27 , Sep 1 7:09 AM
        My heart is with you. My husband has lost that look in
        his eye that inner glow-it is like looking into
        someone elses eyes, a hollow shell, exactly.
        --- clarey7@... wrote:
        > my husband is symptomatic. he has the chorea and he
        > has experienced
        > significant mental decline. he is on meds that help
        > some. but what people are
        > talking about is true. he is not the man i married-
        > at all. it is very sad to
        > watch the shell become more than the man. at his
        > best my husband was a
        > wonderful man. clare

        http://finance.yahoo.com
      • frannie1996
        Message 3 of 27 , Sep 1 6:29 PM
          --- In onebighuntingtonsfamily@y..., ginnie grimm <ggmama2002@y...>
          wrote:
          > what meds is he on. is he on anti deppresant i take prozac. My
          heart is with you. My husband has lost that look in
          > his eye that inner glow-it is like looking into
          > someone elses eyes, a hollow shell, exactly.
          > --- clarey7@c... wrote:
          > > my husband is symptomatic. he has the chorea and he
          > > has experienced
          > > significant mental decline. he is on meds that help
          > > some. but what people are
          > > talking about is true. he is not the man i married-
          > > at all. it is very sad to
          > > watch the shell become more than the man. at his
          > > best my husband was a
          > > wonderful man. clare

          > http://finance.yahoo.com
        • frannie1996
          Message 4 of 27 , Sep 1 6:34 PM
            --- In onebighuntingtonsfamily@y..., ginnie grimm <ggmama2002@y...>
            wrote: my parents told me when i was four. my father was diagnosed
            when he was 34.