Organisations, Social Capital, networks and their role in Innovation management

  • Andries Du plessis
    Message 1 of 3 , May 26 3:39 AM

      Hi

      Ive uploaded a pdf file to "files" area "SNA_Social_cap_knowldg_netw_innovtn".

      Im keen to explore ways in which the role of social capital, networks, and network analysis can be explained to managers in practical terms.

      Here in South Africa the business case and value add are sometimes hard to grasp for managers not familiar with these concepts, espcially a network perspective.

      Regards

      Andries du Plessis

      Company website: http://www.innovationagency.com

    • Laurence Lock Lee
      Message 2 of 3 , May 26 4:53 PM
        tks Andrew I look forward to reading it. I've just put a post up looking for SNA elevator speeches. You may want to throw in some of yours...

        Laurence Lock Lee PhD
        Partner, Optimice Pty Ltd
        Ph: +61 (0)407001628
        www.optimice.com.au
        Blog: http://governanceandnetworks.blogspot.com/

        Learn to network, then network to learn

        Message 3 of 3 , May 27 8:40 AM
          Hi Lawrence

          I surely will follow u up on the LinkedIn discussion

          The Elevator speech is surely a way to get us thinking in terms of what managers need to know and what they need in order to make a decision.

          SNA/ONA analysts -- and I include myself in this -- are notorious for technical jargon and thinking in terms of technique -- as John points out in the LinkedIN discussion you started.

          Regards

          Andries