CfP: IEEE Workshop on Business Applications of Social Network Analysis
- Dear all,
Thought you might be interested in this.
IEEE Workshop: BASNA Business Applications of Social Network Analysis
December 15, 2010
Co-located with IMSAA '10 www.imsaa.org
Call for papers
The aim of this workshop is to encourage multidisciplinary discussions related to novel ideas and application geared towards analyzing social network data. By bringing together researchers in the fields of SNA, data mining, and management studies, the workshop will focus on identifying areas of collaboration among their respective disciplines:
- The role of data mining techniques in identifying scalable methods for the extraction and organization of social relations for management research and business practice
- The role of management research in guiding data mining efforts and SNA metrics development towards theoretically-grounded discoveries about social network emergence.
- The role of Social Network Analysis in developing and applying metrics and tools for the mapping, evaluation, visualization, and design of social relations in organizations.
BASNA is seeking original research work which is not yet published or not submitted in any other conferences, journals or magazines.
Accepted papers of the workshop will be available via IEEE Xplore digital library.
Selected authors will be invited to submit an extended version of their paper, with a fast reviewing process, to the Journal of Information Science and Technology and to the International Journal of Knowledge-Based Organizations.
- Prof. Noshir Contractor, Northwestern University
- Dr. Christian Posse, Principal Research Scientist at LinkedIn
19 September 2010 Deadline of submission of papers
11 October 2010 Paper Review Notification
31 October 2010 Final Camera Ready Paper Due
15 December 2010 BASNA Workshop